Friday, March 7, 2008

Week of March 10th

Dear Parents,

WOW! I've seen just a few student's Power Point presentations and I am very impressed. I congratulate their efforts. If you have not seen the work your son/daughter has created, I encourage you to ask them over the weekend. They may even wish to practice with you. In the coming week, our class time will be dedicated to students getting up in front of their peers and teaching the countries they researched. Their Power Points will serve as a helpful tool as they teach (and do not just read). This past week, we discussed in class what will contribute to successful presentations. Students all have the rubric and their only homework is to practice, practice, practice. During the presentations, the rest of the class will be an "inviting" audience and will also be responsible to take notes.

In the coming week, I also am expecting students to finish their Arabic tiles. I hope to have a photo taken of these by Thursday. Again, my feeling was one of "Wow." I look forward to sharing with you the results of both this week's presentations, as well as a photo of the wonderful art that our very own, Cindy Yarawamai, was so kind to integrate (thank you Cindy!).

As always, I welcome your questions. Otherwise, have a delightful weekend, week ahead, and Spring Break with your son/daughter.



Kindly,
Matt Piercy
7th Grade Social Studies

No comments: